I was thinking of writing an article comparing islamists to cultists and while going over the characteristics of a cult, I realized that the democratic party is a giant cult. Here are some characteristics plagiariazed right off the internet:
1. The group displays excessively zealous and unquestioning commitment to its leader and (whether he is alive or dead) regards his belief system, ideology, and practices as the Truth, as law.
The leftists come in different flavors, but this describes them to a T. You can’t reason with them on anything. They are completely indoctrinated in and believe; the rape culture myth, the global warming crap, the gay’s are better parents bullshit. When you come up with facts, they just yell louder. Mostly they just call the opposition names, which really means they’ve lost the argument.
2. Questioning, doubt, and dissent are discouraged or even punished.
They are especially brutal to people who are supposed to be in their group, but aren’t. Examples are women who aren’t feminists, conservative blacks, and so on. The rest of us are just racist, misogonyst, islamophobic, homophobes. Well I may be an islamophobe, but it doesn’t mean they aren’t trying to kill me.
3. Mind-altering practices (such as meditation, chanting, speaking in tongues, denunciation sessions, and debilitating work routines) are used in excess and serve to suppress doubts about the group and its leader(s).
“What do we want?”
“What do we want?”
“What do we want?”
I think I have them on this one.
4. The leadership dictates, sometimes in great detail, how members should think, act, and feel (for example, members must get permission to date, change jobs, marry—or leaders prescribe what types of clothes to wear, where to live, whether or not to have children, how to discipline children, and so forth).
This one is more subtle, but isn’t there a pressure to; not have children, not discipline children, drive a prius, live down town, only date other leftists?
5. The group is elitist, claiming a special, exalted status for itself, its leader(s) and members (for example, the leader is considered the Messiah, a special being, an avatar—or the group and/or the leader is on a special mission to save humanity).
OH MY GOD. Yes the messiah just sent shivers up the legs of the entire elitest media/academia bunch, who all consider themselves better than us bitter clingers.
6. The group has a polarized us-versus-them mentality, which may cause conflict with the wider society.
7. The leader is not accountable to any authorities (unlike, for example, teachers, military commanders or ministers, priests, monks, and rabbis of mainstream religious denominations).
We don’t need no stinking constitution. Fast and furious. IRS scandal….”I can change the law by myself” “I have a pen”
8. The group teaches or implies that its supposedly exalted ends justify whatever means it deems necessary. This may result in members’ participating in behaviors or activities they would have considered reprehensible or unethical before joining the group (for example, lying to family or friends, or collecting money for bogus charities).
yessirreebob. “If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor. If you like your health care, you can keep your health plan.” They are perfectly willing to lie and really do anything, think IRS scandal, and really a host of other scandals.
9. The leadership induces feelings of shame and/or guilt iin order to influence and/or control members. Often, this is done through peer pressure and subtle forms of persuasion. (you are all racists, homophobes, misogonysts, islamophobes, haters, party of no…need I go on?)
10. Subservience to the leader or group requires members to cut ties with family and friends, and radically alter the personal goals and activities they had before joining the group.
My leftist parents don’t talk to me very much any more, and I don’t get anything at all from my former leftist friend. (Hi Phil)
11. The group is preoccupied with bringing in new members.
Let’s have the entire population of Mexico sneak into the country illegaly because they might be democrats
12. The group is preoccupied with making money.
yep-send in $3 so we can stop the evil; Koch brother/Republicans/Romney…
13. Members are expected to devote inordinate amounts of time to the group and group-related activities.
well, let’s just set up a tent city and occupy central park, NY forever
14. The most loyal members (the “true believers”) feel there can be no life outside the context of the group. They believe there is no other way to be, and often fear reprisals to themselves or others if they leave (or even consider leaving) the group.
Read the “Black Book of the American Left” by David Horowitz to see his struggle in getting out of the cult.
The left is a cult. Maybe not every democrat is in the cult, but I suspect you know people who are. Comment with your stories!!